Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fall back names are important

I hate it when I'm in a situation that requires quick thinking.


Like during those elementary school "roasts". But believe me, I can roast. I can roast your ass so good you'll be as roasted as this chicken
, but not as delicious. That would be impossible.
Anyway.
I hate it when you're in an awkward possible stalker-like situation*, and the drunk/high/perverted guy blurts out, "Whats your name?" I always say my name.
Now you have to understand, my name isn't your typical "Susan", "Katie", or even I'm trying to be unique-yet-familiar, "Marie".
No. My name is Ariane. Ariane.
And why do I say my real name when I'm trying to get away from someone and not make it easier for them to find me?
Because I'm slow.
Anywho, I've decided that my fall back name is Kelly. It's pretty, it slips from my mouth easily (ha), and I can confidently say it without stuttering, which makes it more believable.
What is your fall back name?






*This has happened to me only once. But still. I hated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment